Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Laggy Mk 1 Phase 1...should I cut and run?

View Single Post
post #18 of (permalink) Old 27th June 2009 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Well then!!

Looks like the problem child is acting up again.

Won't start this morning, I've had a lok at the TDC again, and although not clean, it's not exactly dirty either, but even so, I've cleaned it again.

So I've got a persistent "SERV" and ecu light, and an unwillingness to all!!

Does the ecu prevent starting in case of faults. I've seen a list of instructions for resetting the service light, but that doesn't apply the the model I have (take out the instrument cluster, use the reset switch on the back of that, etc etc) I know it doesn't apply, because I stripped the clocks out and had a look, no reset switch.

On the bottom of said instructions there's a footnote that says that the serv light on earlier models is not a request for service, just a fault indicator.

Is there any chance it just needs a service, because it seems to allow me 50 miles at a time before locking up?

Its driving like a dream otherwise, but this could see it going to the great garage in the sky!
Currently in anakin1138's garage:
1994 Laguna RT 2.0

Last edited by anakin1138; 27th June 2009 at 11:15 AM. Reason: typo's punctuation
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome