Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Laguna II - Phase 1 - Electronics - Voice Synthesiser Issue

View Single Post
post #10 of (permalink) Old 3rd September 2005
Platinum member
Nominated 0 Times in 7 Posts
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 8
If the car has it, then there will be a two button switch on the dash (next to the ESP button), one with a picture of a speaking face on it, and the other with a 'mute' symbol (crossed out loudspeaker.) If you don't have these switches, then you don't have the voice synth. If you do have the system but the mute button is pressed in, it'll chime whenever something happens and you'll have to press the other button for the spoken version.

I'm not exactly sure when, but they seemed to drop the voice synth sometime during either 02 or 52 (my 02 has it, but a colleague's 52 doesn't.) I'm not sure why they took it off, but I suspect it has something to do with the fact that it steals the speaker that's used by the pre-wired handsfree. On the latest models, the speaker has gone completely - it has been replaced with the switch for the automatic parking brake.

I like the voice synth and I'm going to miss it. I reckon it saved the engine on one of my RXE's when it suddenly lost all coolant. It's not that I don't periodically check the gauges, but this thing shot up into the red in a matter of minutes after some motorway debris hit the water pump. The voice told me to "stop the car, let the engine idle for 60 seconds and then switch off" so I did.
Currently in Horatio's garage:
2010 Laguna III Initiale.
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome