Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Cruise Control/Limiter

View Single Post
post #3 of (permalink) Old 27th June 2009
Platinum member
Nominated 3 Times in 11 Posts
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 4
I have a 02 Laguna Privilage 1.8 16v Sport Tourer

I've just had LPG fitted to it.
whilst we had the dash open for the fiting of the lpg switch, it was noticed that there were a number of un-connected dash switches.

ESR (green connector)- no switch fitted
Cruise Control (white connector)- no switch fitted
Beam Angle (grey connector)- no switch fitted

So... i have got hold of some switches , cruise control and Main Beam Angle and plugged them in.

When winding the beam angle up and down, the main beams attept to move up and then reset....
i'm guessing that there is a automatic beam adjustment sensor attached to the back axle which overrides the manual switch ??? am i right ???
(if this is so, i'll use the switch space for something else

The Cruise Control switch when pressed activates some dash lights and LCD display.
If i changed the steering wheel to the one with the additional controls (+/- etc for cruise control) would it be possible to enable the cruise control ability on the car, Since it is already pretty much fly by wire on this car.
(on the laguna1's, it involved a computerised servo acutator control linking to the accelerator cable, with control box and different steering wheel)

The same question regarding ESR, is there additional control boxes or is it simply a different control chip/program on the ABS system.
eg... ABS=tech1, ESR=tech2, (same brakes/pipework/wheel sensors, just different control boxes)

I'm not going as far as chucking in additional pipework etc, just looking at small module/bits to upgrade, that would not make any changes that would reduce the saftey features of the basic vehicle.

(the availability of 2nd hand parts from breakers yards for 02-05 cars now makes these higher spec parts a affordable upgrade for interior trim etc)

Renaults (as many other manufacturers) do come with a host of options, that if installed can be very expensive for post purchase install, but which are do-able, if money is no option.

They all use enhanced fixed line spec parts, and dont wast time and money making cut down limited line wiring looms etc... and just add the odd front end bits as per higher order spec. (different steering wheel or additional buttons, trim changes etc...)
Currently in mord's garage:
The CreditCard Holes sooo DEEEEP NASA have put up warning signs about a black hole on the Driveway: update, the driveway and home have fallen in...
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome