Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Online Dealers and Part Shops

View Single Post
post #12 of (permalink) Old 28th June 2009
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Anyone know good websites for parts and accessories?

Hi there,

Just joined the forum yesterday, after putting down a deposit on a gorgeous (well I think so! ) 05 Megane Dynamique 1.9dci, in black with tinted glass and the panoramic glass roof and 17" alloys (getting a bit worried about how much the tyres are going to cost on those now!). Picking it up on Friday after the guy does a full service and MOT, changes the glow plugs and timing belt and knocks a couple of cosmetic dings out of it. Looking forward to it!

There are a couple of things I would like to sort out however, and was wondering if anyone could recommended any decent websites that are good for the Megane, other than Ebay (looking on there daily at the minute)

One is the the old worn gear Knob insert issue. I thought I'd be able to just pick up a new gear knob on Ebay when I was looking at the car, but further research here has shown that I'd have to saw the gear knob off . I don't really want to have to start hacking the car to pieces so just want to replace the insert if possible.

There are a couple of nicks in the cloth on the passenger door trim that the guy is going to try and get sorted, just wondering if this is possible to replace cheap and easy if he can't get them sorted?

Last one is the passenger wing mirror (i know this is the interiors bit, sorry!) The trim round the edge is cracked, he is going to see if he can get his guy to plastic weld it but if not can anyone recommend somewhere to get this done, or can I replace just the trim bit?

I live in the North East near Durham if anyone knows of any local places I could visit as well.

Well if you made it this far in my post thanks for your patience! I'm continuing to read through here as there's some good stuff in here.

Thanks for your help.
Currently in bradalax's garage:
2005 Megane Dynamique 1.9dci 120
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome