Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Definitive Sat Nav CD Compatibility?

View Single Post
post #2 of (permalink) Old 29th June 2009
Diamond member
Nominated 0 Times in 1 Post
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Originally Posted by hu88ertvelsat View Post
Hi all,

I'm looking to update the sat nav (full colour Carminat) map disc in my 2003/53 Vel Satis Initiale. It's currently 2003 UK/Ireland, with the Lang 5 v4.6 accompanying CD. My system settings are as follows:

Configuration: 0107
UCC Type: UCC3
Software Version: 460
Production Date: 04/22/2003
12NC: 311111720274
Checksum: C3D4

System Identification:

HW Number: 0101
SW Number: 0500
Prod Week: 13
Prod Year: 04
CSB SW Number: 4.32

After research, I bought a genuine 2008 Navteq CD from eBay along with Languages 5 All Versions CD, but my car spits out both these discs. Having said that, it even spits out the v4.6 Languages CD that came with the car!

Lavendergirl posted re her same Vel Satis problems, the dealer telling her she can never upgrade hers to a newer map disc as the sat nav unit never got its "scheduled software upgrade" (meaning factory?), which is no longer available.

But I have come across posts on this forum of Vel Satis 2003 Initiale owners who HAVE been SUCCESSFUL in updating their map disc to 2006 or even 2007/8. Any ideas how this came about?

Anyone got a 2005 or 2006 map disc they think will work in a 53-plate Vel Satis, which they're willing to sell me?

I'm considering buying Navteq (Renault-branded) Carminat V26 CD - anyone know if this will work in my 2003 supposedly?

MANY thanks to whoever can shed some proper light on this!

Your system already has the latest software update. It will work with any Navteq, Teleatlas or VDO dayton CD map disk that was designed for the Philips Carin or VDO systems.

Does it still work OK with the 2003 map disk you have? Is this an original or a copy?

The reason I ask is that my system recently started to spit the disks out (original Carminat disk V26) but a CD-R copy disk was OK.
This turned out to be a fault with the CD-ROM drive in the nav unit in the glove box. The lasers in the units have a limited life.
Turns out that the CD-ROM drive is a standard philips model that is still available ~ £70. I fixed mine by using an old car CD/radio as spares (used the same drive).

If your unit won't accept the Languages CD then this may be the problem.

Currently in Eeeps's garage:
2011 Clio III dCi 88 Dynamique and 2016 CitroŽn Grand C4 Picasso Exclusive+ EAT6 2.0 BlueHDi
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome