Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Definitive Sat Nav CD Compatibility?

View Single Post
post #3 of (permalink) Old 29th June 2009 Thread Starter
Diamond member
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Thanks for those helpful pointers, Ian.

My sat nav still seems to work ok with the 2003 Map Disc I have, which is the original, but I've made a backup copy too and this works ok as well.

But it doesn't respond to the Languages 5 CD or even the (original) Languages 5 v4.6 CD, and it spits out the 2008 Map CD (Navteq original) too.

If it is the CD drive, I may therefore hang on to the 2008 Navteq Map CD (which came with the Languages 5 CD) as it may work in my dad's 2003 Vel Satis full colour Initiale, so at least I didn't waste my money completely.

I'm pretty depressed though that the GPS aerial packed in and now seemingly the CD drive may have too! :-(

Oh, just one question I've thought of... when I insert the 2008 Map CD, the system comes back saying something like "CD contains no map data - only contains travel information" - any idea what this is about? I thought maybe it's not picking up the 2008 maps as my firmware/system software isn't up to date, but you say it is, so I guess this isn't the reason behind this message.

Cheers Ian!

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome