Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Clio Dynamique 2004 Electric Window broken

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 29th June 2009 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Clio Dynamique 2004 Electric Window broken

Hi all,

Please note I'm not an expert, let me tell you the story of my electric window.

One day I was coming out of a multistorey car park and began pushing the switch to make my window come down to put the ticket in the machine. I heard a crack kind of sound, thinking the window had broken, but instead, the seal came loose and the window kind of fell into the door wonkily? If you know what I mean.

I stopped by one side and with a little lifting shoved the window back into the seal, the electric window now works fine, until today, well that story was 6 months ago or something like that.

I was cleaning my car today, and having fixed an airbag light problem too, I was damn happy, but then this happens. After finishing cleaning my car, I get in to straighten it out in the driveway, I put the window (driver side) down using the auto switch setting, and my mistake closed the door, maybe a little too hard, when I hear the glass rattle, I knew it was crying in pain. I looked over and the window sort of stopped...sort of now floppy and loose inside my door.

I tried the same trick and pushed it farther into the seal, but to no avail it would not go up, but kept on sliding down, I now thought my window would be left gaping open. Anyhow, after careful usage of the switch, it was as if something caught the window and it went back up and closed, but as it closes you hear a distinct and slight crack kind of sound.

I try taking it down again, but pushing down had no effect, I hear whirring but window does not move. Holding both sides of the glass, I force it down quite easily, but then it just keeps sliding down as if slipping into the door. Putting the window up again, it's easy, a few careful pulls of the button raises it up and also with that slight crack at the end.

Anyhow after parking it straight in my driveway, I figure I couldn't do anything about it and it might cost lots to fix. (Note: just spent a lot on a replacement exhaust). Anyhow, when I switch my engine off, pulling both sides of the glass to make the window come down doesn't work, so at least thieves won't get in. My first thought of help was coming on here to ask for it.

So please guys, tell me I can sort this job out myself. At least if there's some kind of guide that I can buy? I don't want to spend any more money. I'm thinking something has gotten loose inside, or maybe the motor for going down is broken.

Thanks for reading my terribly long post.

Currently in wky_clio04's garage:
Clio Dynamique 2004
  5 Lastest Threads by wky_clio04
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
Knocking sound when turning right? Steering and Suspension VelSatisfied 6 5170 8th July 2009 04:58 PM
Clio Dynamique 2004 Electric Window broken Electronics wky_clio04 7 2276 29th June 2009 04:39 PM
Is this a reasonable diagnosis and price charge? Engines Mike11 7 1879 21st June 2009 12:12 AM
Rough idling problem on Clio 2004 Engines madnoel10 3 1265 9th May 2009 11:06 AM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome