Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - How much have you spent on your Renault this year

View Single Post
post #257 of (permalink) Old 30th June 2009
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Angry Renault Laguna II Dynamique Techno 1.9DCI - Cost = Arm + Leg

My 2003 Laguna came up for a 72k service last month

Cost was 900 from Wilsons of Epsom or 660 from Allams of Dorking so I went to an independent garage and it cost me 580 all in. This included a Full service plus timing and fan belt kit change together with water pump which was not faulty but was recommended to be changed with timing belt.
At the same time the rear suspension bushes lead to a fail on the MOT.
I replaced the rear bushes myself using a kit bought from ebay . total cost 95.00 and two and a half hours work.

This morning my battery went flat - car not starting. A new battery will now be required as the old one was new with the car - so lasted 6 years - not bad I suppose.

The stereo CD player is now also faulty so I tend not to use it - I am reluctant to spend more money on a car which just seems to keep breaking and costing me buckets of cash.

Previously the intercooler burst and the stereo display panel died (350 + 380 to repair) also the alloy wheels keep buckling as they are unable to cope with the British (pot holed) roads.

Now the Hazard warning lights will not switch off after I needed to turn them on at the weekend also. I had to jam the switch down with a peice of paper to stop them flashing!.

I was informed by the MOT tester on an advisory the read disks need relacing soon.

Over the last few weeks this car has cost me over 1000.

I intend to sell this car ASAP or I will go bankrupt!!!
Currently in tonyman's garage:
2003 Laguna Dynamique Techno
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome