Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Lag II won't start!

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 30th June 2009 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Lag II won't start!

I have a Lag II Extreme 1.8 16v on a 54' plate and 77k.

All was fine when I parked it this afternoon, but when I returned 15 mins later it wouldn't start. The doors opened up on the card, it made the usual sound of the steering lock releasing when placing the card into the reader, the immobiliser and all the other usual dashboard lights operated as normal, but there is nothing when the starter button is pushed. The card locks in the reader (as if the engine was running) for a few seconds before it can be released, but if I push the starter again it releases straight away. I've checked all the fuses on the dash and the emergency engine stop one in the engine bay. I can also hear a faint, high pitched noise in there on the left-hand side. I've tried my spare card, checked it's in neutral and managed to turn the wheels slightly to confirm they weren't locked. I also tried turning the steering wheel while pushing the starter.

Not sure if it's pure coincidence, but I had a new wiper motor fitted by the dealer last Friday and was using them before parking the car, I've phoned Renault, but they think it unlikely that the two are linked.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated as I'm currently stranded in a shopping centre!

Currently in a.rainsford's garage:
  5 Lastest Threads by a.rainsford
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
Laguna II Mileometer reading suddenly zeroed and... Electronics johnboyw 1 441 1st June 2014 06:01 PM
Laguna II keycard battery removal Electronics a.rainsford 5 2477 5th August 2012 08:30 PM
Laguna II Fan Control Light Interiors a.rainsford 2 788 1st February 2012 09:39 PM
Laguna II Front passenger seat removal Bodywork a.rainsford 0 1182 25th March 2011 02:00 PM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome