Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Lag II won't start!

View Single Post
post #6 of (permalink) Old 30th June 2009
Diamond member
Nominated 0 Times in 1 Post
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Originally Posted by a.rainsford View Post

No, there's nothing. I've changed TDC's on the wife's Megane and also my son's Clio, but this is different, there's no sound or movement whatsoever...
From your (very good) description I'd say that either the starer motor or the starter relay are bust. I guess there is also a fuse there somewhere.

The fact that the card is being locked in the reader suggests that the UCH (control computer) thinks that it is trying to start. Also pressing the start button again aborts the start process so that's why it unlocks it.

Also worth checking the state of the lights on the start button. The upper white light indicates that the car is ready to start. The lower green light indicates engine running.

Might be worth while trying to jump start the car. In this case you will need to press the button just as the car is being pushed.

One other thing to check. When you push the start button does the display go off and the radio cut out?
The starter relay is relay 21 on the UCH fuse / relay panel.

Currently in Eeeps's garage:
2011 Clio III dCi 88 Dynamique and 2016 CitroŽn Grand C4 Picasso Exclusive+ EAT6 2.0 BlueHDi

Last edited by Eeeps; 30th June 2009 at 09:01 PM. Reason: Extra info
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome