Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Parrot CK3200 in Laguna III GT

View Single Post
post #5 of (permalink) Old 1st July 2009 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Horatio - thanks for your reply - I know this was a while ago but I totally forgot to let you know how I got on.

Basically, I headed down to the dealer and spent the day there - for 2 reasons (more about that later)

We have a workaround for this: Basically we used a feed from the lamp in the glove box as the switch. The trouble is, that although this will turn the parrot on when you get in the car / unlock it etc. you have to wait roughly 30 secs - 4 minutes for it to power down once you get out and lock the doors.

This is OK - I've been living with this solution for a while now and I'm quite used to it.

The parrott system is, in my experience better than the stock Renault one I had in the previous Laguna.

Just for extra info (the 2nd reason I was there) - I had a very serious vibration coming from the door speakers (Cabasse tronic stereo) and they had no idea how to fix it or where it was coming from.

I helped the guy in the dealer to remove the door and there's a seal on the inside. we had to basically put a kind of damper inside the door to stop the seal from "slapping" against the metal frame. Took about an hour for each door, but no I have a great sound :D

If you would like me to post a more detailed account of how this was done with pics etc: then email me and I'll do a new thread. According to the guy, there were many people complaining of this.

Anyway - thanks folks

All the best

Currently in rmorby's garage:
2008 Laguna III 2.0Dci GT
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome