Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Laguna Brainteaser - Won't Start, Not Keycard Related

View Single Post
post #21 of (permalink) Old 1st July 2009 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
[SOLVED] .... I hope

OK Guys, here's the score. Took it to the garage morning after being stranded again. Ended up 40 miles from home with a car that wouldn't start in 30 degree heat and screaming midget on the back seat ARGH!!!!

But hey....Guy at the garage tested it when I got there and it started fine. I insisted he tried starting the engine a few times. On the 5th attempt the relays clicked and the engine didn't crank. (Yay!! It's broken! ...wait, what?). He said he would have a look, I came back 3 hours later and he has re-crimped the exciter wire to the starter. I've now done 23 warm starts without incident. Yes - I count - it's that momentous!!!

So in this case, a new starter wasn't needed after all - just a repair on the exciter wire.

I'll let you know if it fudges up again. Hope this helps. Thanks to everyone for their suggestions.
Currently in Ernz's garage:
1999 Renault Laguna I 1.9dti Alizé NO LONGER! He now drives a 2001 Renault Laguna II 1.8 16V Dynamique.
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome