Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Polish Headlamps

View Single Post
post #10 of (permalink) Old 1st July 2009
S.M.A.R.T.(y) Pants
Nominated 11 Times in 37 Posts
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 17
Thanked 2,467 Times in 1,851 Posts
Well, an alternative repair route would be to remove the light units, separate them between the lens and the reflector (remembering to carefully remove the bulbs beforehand), clean both halves, and re-seal using silicone sealant.

That way you won't have water which needs to be dried off, plus its never a great idea having water near electrics (even in this weather).

If time & care is given, you should obtain a waterproof seal (more than you have at the moment), so this problem should not re-occur.

Its a big job though (best part of 2-3 hours to get the first one done), but you'll be quicker on the second one.

You may need the beam checked afterwards.

Hope that helps,

This job should never be complete - the day I think I've done it all, is the day I resign.

S.M.A.R.T. Technician
Currently in VelSatisfied's garage:
2005 FIAT Ducato 2.8JTD LWB Gran Volume, 2000 Kawasaki ZZR 1100 D7 'fullpower' in black + full GIVI & KAPPA luggage, 2007 MB R-Class 320 CDi Sport LWB uprated by Brabus to 300Bhp don't know if there's a 155mph limiter - will be fun finding out! 2004 Mercedes Vaneo 1.7 CDi Ambiente 7-seater
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome