The North of England has been blistering hot this last week.
Power steering and air conditioning are two of the new toys
I now have with my 02 Megane Expression. Hence I've looked through the Renault manual in detail.
The settings/positions shown for air conditioning are
1.Temperature into the hot.
2. Direction into the well (foot ) position via the heater
3. Either recirculation to the left or free air to the right.
4. For air conditioning press the AC button (when fan setting NOT on 0) which will light up the indicator below.
With these settings I get hot air.
Surely the temperature setting should be as low as possible - that is - Round to the farthest left.
I note that the publishers of the Renault manual supplied with the car - use the same picture for all their copy.
Ecomony or an oversight?
Needless to say in the current freak temperatures, I've
moved the controls around until I got the best perceived results.
1. Temperature dial as far to the lower left as possible.
2. Direction setting to either - bypassing the heater colis for the well or sreen outlet location. (Settings to the left)
3. Fan on to right or left depending on how much effect I want.
4. AC button pressed and illuminated.
What's your thoughts colleagues?
Naturally as per the manual advice I first clear the car ASAP, then close up prior to switching on the air conditioning.
This is a right hand drive (UK version) vehicle.