Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Card Keys not working on Grand Scenic

View Single Post
post #3 of (permalink) Old 3rd July 2009
Renault UK
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0

Originally Posted by neilpenry View Post
I have a 3 year old Grand Scenic and 6 months ago one of my card keys stopped working. in the last couple of months the other one is seriously flakey, it will only open the car after several presses of the button and fiddling with the battery, The dashboard tells me that the battery has gone (although I have replaced it a couple of times with new ones to no effect.
I took it to the Renault garage who tested both keys and said that they are not registering (whatever that means). They will supply new cards for £90 each and programme them both for another £90.

Apart from this being an extortionate amount surely there must be something more fundamental wrong otherwise they wouldn't both have gone so soon.
Any suggestions as to what I should do?
Hi Neil

I'm sorry to learn of this problem with your keycards, and apologise for the inconvenience its causing you.

Could I please ask to you to send me an email to with the following information:
- Your name
- Your contact number (pref. mobile)
- Your vehicle's registration number and current mileage.
- The name of the dealer who gave you the diagnosis and the quote.

I'd like to get a Customer Support Manager to discuss this with you and see if we can be of some assistance.

Kind regards
Renault UK
Currently in RUK_Response's garage:
Laguna Coupé GT
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome