Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Had a prang - Advice needed

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 3rd July 2009 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Had a prang - Advice needed

Hi all

Somebody crashed into the back of me this week and the insurance company might write off my Scenic 1.9 DCi, 51 plate. If they do, they said that they will leave me with the car and also send a cheque for the pre-accident value. If this happens, I will attempt to do the repair with the holp of my local garage. I would be looking to buy only a new tailgate and rear bumper. That's the only damage I'd be looking to repair.

Some paint work needs done and there's a hairline crack on the joints between the light unit and the rear wing panels on both sides. but these are not important to me at this stage.

Would these parts be readily available from online scrappies and what should I expect to pay? Also, would the job of replacing the parts be difficult for a local garage to undertake? ( the bumper is creased and preventing the tailgate from opening).

Currently in alexcraw's garage:
51 Renault Scenic 1.9dCi Privelidge
  5 Lastest Threads by alexcraw
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
Had a prang - Advice needed Bodywork martin999 5 1125 3rd July 2009 01:06 PM
Scenic mkI Engine Management light Engines levski 5 1677 13th December 2008 11:50 AM
Wheel squealing and heating up Wheels & tyres Car147 9 1924 15th November 2008 06:35 PM
SERV light on by itself. Electronics Gogslad 12 2117 24th August 2008 06:34 AM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome