Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Scenic 1 - Boot Lock Button Fix

View Single Post
post #105 of (permalink) Old 3rd July 2009
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Hello all,
Firstly thank you yet again for all those that take the time to help out others on this thread.
This is the third time this forum has saved my a good few by doing the jobs myself on my scenic 1.6 02plate.

My button popped out and I could not really work out why it would not hold in until I read about this 'O' ring problem on the site.

This is what I did, and believe me if I can do it any one can, I have fingers like sausage's and clumsy as anything.

1, went to Halfords and bought a some small 'O' rings at a cost of 1.79 the ones you need come in a pack of about 8 '0' rings and it says assorted small 'O' rings on the pack.
2,Unscrewed the 4 torex 20 screws, one on each corner of the boot plastic fascia.
3,Unscrewed the 2 torex 20 screws on the top of the plastic piece holding in the fascia (it will become apparent where this is once you have unscrewed the first 4 screws as in 2)
4.Pulled off the fascia from each corner whilst pulling back the top plastic holder and the fascia then comes away.
5 Unclip the power supply that is now looking at you in the face just next were the back of the button goes, you cant get it wrong its the only one there.
6, Put the original button back in its slot from outside and then get someone to hold it in firm at about 75% in.
Then from the inside to give yourself some room push the metal rod that moves the retaining plastic stump back.
7 slip over the 'O' ring the plastic leg of your button until it goes into the grove.
One of the 'O' rings from the pack I mention above fits perfectly fits perfectly.
8 reassemble, and remember to clip the power supply back in.

Job done

Word of warning Make sure the 'O' ring is not catching rubbing on the top plastic fitting.
If you use a gromit make sure that its not so fat, if it catches the top plastic workings then it will be forced off after a few button depressions and you will have to do it all over again.
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome