Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - conect laguna 1 ph2 to pc

View Single Post
post #3 of (permalink) Old 4th July 2009
Platinum member
Nominated 0 Times in 7 Posts
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 8
I think the problem is that OBD II has both generic and manufacturer specific codes. Any old reader can handle the generic ones, but you need software for the particular car model (or at least the manufacturer) to do the specific stuff. So firstly you'll need a CAN bus to serial converter, then you'll need software that's compatible with both the converter and the specific vehicle to decode all of the interesting stuff.

On the subject of CAN bus, these look like good fun, but their eBay shop seems to have ceased trading: I reckon you could do some interesting things with one of these.

I'm also wondering if a standard Arduino could be used as a fully programmable digital chip tuning box. The analogue input should be capable of reading the fuel rail sensor, though you'd probably need to convert one of the PWM outputs into a true analogue voltage. With this arrangement plus software, it should be possible to return a reduced fuel pressure reading most of the time without letting it slip so low that the ECU registers an error (I'm convinced that this is the problem with regular tuning boxes on the dCi 130.)
Currently in Horatio's garage:
2010 Laguna III Initiale.
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome