Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Clio II - Engines - Toxic Light On plus noise under bonnet

View Single Post
post #12 of (permalink) Old 6th July 2009
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0

I have been having this same problem (but without the TOXIC light coming in)

Initially what happened is....the engine management light came on and the car was not idling properly, I called the RAC out and he said it was either the Throttle Body or the fuel circuit.

The RAC man cleared the code's and it seemed to run OK. I looked into the problem on here and found out about the Tamper-proof box for the ECU and saw that it was loose on my Clio and had worn away some of the wires.

I had a local garage take the steel box off and repair the wires, the light was still coming on and the codes said it was the MAP sensor that needed replacing.

Had this replaced and the problem is still going on (although not a frequent as before)

It also seems to happen when slowing down and braking, the engine management light would come on, and it would not idle correctly and sometimes stall. I can start the engine and drive off and the light would go off after about 20/30 seconds and all would be OK.

Last week, I took all of the relays out, cleaned and replaced them and it has not happened when braking now so (touch wood) I think I may have solved that one.

But going back to the original question in the thread.....Occasionally after starting the car it will splutter and I have to rev it up a little to get it going, Sometimes if I don't rev it the engine management light will come on and I can hear a Ticking/Clicking noise coming from the drivers side headlight, when the light goes off the noise stops.

Does anyone have any suggestions/solutions for this problem.?

(sorry for the long reply. I thought it would be better to get the story out in one go)

Thanks for any solutions/replies

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome