Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Laguna II Headunit Pin Out?

View Single Post
post #2 of (permalink) Old 6th July 2009
Platinum member
Nominated 0 Times in 1 Post
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 4
Hi Tom, what radio do you have in it at the moment?

I can only speak for mine, I had the Tuner list in my Lag II, but I would imagine the connectors would be very similar for others.

On the back of the radio there will be 2 rectangular blocks each with 8 pins on them. One block only has about 5 wires going into it, this is the power and illumintaion block. The other block has 8 wires going into it and makes use of all 8 pins, this is the speaker block.

The speaker wires should be in pairs, I never really had to mess with mine as i changed out the hole stero for an aftermarket one, and used an ISO connector I had pre wired from another car, but if my memory serves me right..... The top row of wires are for the front speakers and bottom row for the rear speakers. I cant rememner which is left or right, you'll need trial and error for that!

But it should be: (I think)

Top row working from end to end (looking at pin side with clip on top)
Front Left + Left - Right - Right +

Bottom row
Rear Left + Left - Right - Right +

I do remember all the wires in the centre are negative.

Hope this helps.

Understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of the car.
Oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of the car.
Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall.
Torque is how far you take the wall with you.

PSN: MEW1980
Currently in Mikey's garage:
1996 Mazda MX-3 V6, a 2002 1.2 8v Fiat Punto active (the Wife's!) and a 1998 Suzuki GN 125. Used to own a 2002 Laguna II Dynamique 1.8 16V (Now Sold yey!)
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome