Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - dead engine

Thread: dead engine
View Single Post
post #11 of (permalink) Old 6th July 2009
Platinum member
Nominated 3 Times in 11 Posts
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 4
Im not sure halford can really test a battery properly.

I had a flat battery a couple of years ago, and had the RAC out and he put the battery on a heavy duty load tester. he gave me a printout with power readings.

I had bought the battery from halfords and went back there after the RAC man had boosted the battery charge and jump started me.
the sales person at halfords came out with a BASIC MULTIMETER.
which is useless for testing the crank ability (60A+ test gear needed) and said that the voltage of the battery was ok.

I had to show him the printout and tell him the RAC had just done a rapid boost charge on the battery to get me to the store with him following me there in case i brokedown.

He had to go ask the manager who then reluctantly agreed to replace the battery as it was only 18months old on a 3year warranty.

Dont let them fob you off, you have rights, if they don't have the necessary expensive test equipment at the store, thats not your problem.

so keep those reciepts for all those car parts you buy, you may need it later on.
Currently in mord's garage:
The CreditCard Holes sooo DEEEEP NASA have put up warning signs about a black hole on the Driveway: update, the driveway and home have fallen in...
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome