Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Laguna II DCI privilege Central locking firing by itself

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 6th July 2009 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Question Laguna II DCI privilege Central locking firing by itself

Hi I have had a quick look for a solution to my problem - really sorry if someone has posted the same problem and I have missed it.

Parked my laguna up and stopped engine while waiting to pick a friend up. The central locking unlocked itself. Then it began misfiring (i.e. repetitive unlocking electronically of its own accord). I removed the key card and put it back in cardreader, no effect, still misfiring.
I put the keycard back in, and tried to start the engine - no joy, still the c/l was misfiring to itself. Annoyed, i noticed that the only electrical activity was the misfiring and the pre ignition immobiliser light flashed repeatedly.
The engine started after about 4 minutes, and I took the car home.
Currently it wont lock. I've got fed up so dont know if it is still misfiring the c/locking or not.
I have discovered that both key cards are victims of the well-documented bad soldering and the microchip is free floating inside - I'm going to have them repaired using the recommended links on this forum.

Is the keycard likely to be the problem or does somebody have similar experience?

Thanks for any experienced help!!
Currently in tankgirl's garage:
2002 Renault Laguna Sport Tourer 1.9dci
  5 Lastest Threads by tankgirl
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
Laguna II DCI privilege Central locking firing by... Electronics tankgirl 1 879 6th July 2009 06:44 PM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome