Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Repairs tomorrow

View Single Post
post #27 of (permalink) Old 12th June 2006
Platinum member
Nominated 0 Times in 1 Post
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 2
Originally Posted by Ginga
Dunno if they still use ammonia, but the air-con works fine.... trust me...this last phew (Nice one... I like that one) days it has been put to the test !!!

No nappies or old food under the seats. I did find a 6 month old Ginsters pastie still in its wrapper under the seat of my old Mondeo once. When I found it I prayed I could release the swollen wrapper from under the seat without popping it as its content had liquified. Luckily I did. The smell from that could be likened to a 3 week old corpse. ( What d'ya know 'bout corpses? Was that you tried to perform an outopsy on me last week?? )

The smell does come directly from the air vents, so its in the ventilation system somewhere.
Sounds awfully yukki to me dear boy, what?

An' 'av' ya checked the filters... there may be a primary filter as well as a main filter. I used to have large aircon units that had a sponge-like sheet in front which used to pick up the smell of old fags sumfin chronic. Enough to make some people wretch. I used to soak them overnight in soapy water with a dash of vinegar to kill off the fungus. But that was many years ago now so I don't know what prefilters they use in La Belle France. But it has to be the pipes as you say, so persevere with cleaning the system. I believe Halfords sell a can of something intended for that very purpose, (probably tried it on your car already though, have they?)

Take a look at . Might help!!! I hope so.
Currently in vass20's garage:
Citroen Relay 2.2 HDi + Citroen C4 1.6 HDi EGS
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome