Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Scenic - Finding Radio Code And Inputting Code

View Single Post
post #34 of (permalink) Old 7th July 2009
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Send a message via MSN to CyberPet
I'm going gray... well almost.

I have a 2005 Renault Laguna 1.8, 16V Tour Trend and had to change the battery on it not long ago. Well, I thought things worked out too good, and I was right. The darn radio doesn't work anymore!

As I live in Sweden, I'm sure our service handbooks looks different than the ones in the UK, and I cannot find any codes that would be 4 numbers that could be used as the code for the radio.

I called the dealer and he gave me a number... I tried entering that one, but got an Error in the display. I decided to search the Internet and realize now I'm pretty much up the creek.

If I *knew* that the code was missing or that I needed it (bought the car from the dealer who had it as a demo car since nov 04) I wouldn't have change the darn battery before checking that I did everything right. All other cars has been easy to change batteries in, but this "technical wonder and über security" is getting to be old.

I am not sure what to do anymore. The car dealer gave me a non working code and when I called the Renault assistant number the guy said "I don't know anything about the stereo, call your dealer!"

Any help would be appreciated - kind of pointless to have a brick for a stereo just because the car battery was a brick

Thanks in advance,

Petra from Sweden.
Currently in CyberPet's garage:
2005 Renault Laguna 1.8, 16V Tour Trend
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome