Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Scenic - Finding Radio Code And Inputting Code

View Single Post
post #36 of (permalink) Old 7th July 2009
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Send a message via MSN to CyberPet
Originally Posted by madnoel10 View Post
Most modern cars have coded radios as standard when manufactured. A renault dealer should be able to provide the radio code (thats assuming it is still the original radio) albeit they may ask for ID and charge you a fee.

Are you sure you have entered the code correctly - if you have any doubts just ask and I can post up the sequence required to do the job
Thanks for replying so quickly!

Yes, it's the original radio/cd-player in the car. And I'll probably drive to the dealer tomorrow and look stern at them, to demand them to fix it (ok, I'm sweet as a puppy, but I can pretend I look mean).

I did this (and I hope it's right, if not, tell me where I went wrong).

When the Error stopped blinking (I've done this a few times now, so the waiting time takes forever - thinking of disconnecting the battery again, to start over - if it works), and the first zero starts blinking..... (excuse any non technical terms, as I don't know them in English).

1. use the > arrow on the lefthand control (which have < and > on the left and right and + and - top and bottom) to step forward to the right number. Hit the button that sits under the stick at the steering wheel (dunno that name) to set the number and jump to the next digit.

2. Do the same as in step 1 to set 2nd, 3rd and 4th number.

3. Hold that button that's on the stick at the steering wheel again for a while......

4. and it ends up beeping gleefully at me and ERROR starts blinking again.

Anyway, to be honest, the code that the dealer gave me sounds too "generic" to be a specific number. I would assume a number like 7823 or something, but got 0960, which sounds too generic to be a special ID for that stereo, if you know what I mean.

I'll actually tell them (at the Renault dealer) that they need to fix this code for me for free, as they owned the car before me, and it has never been noted in my service book, or in the manual, and it feels silly to have to take the car "to service" for a car stereo's sake.

Uh... i miss my old Fiat 126, which I could lift out the engine myself.... (yes it was kind of small).
Currently in CyberPet's garage:
2005 Renault Laguna 1.8, 16V Tour Trend
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome