Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Scenic 11 1.9dci 2004 starting problem

View Single Post
post #3 of (permalink) Old 8th July 2009 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
I have removed the battery and have had it tested. Voltage was down a bit but further testing showed it had half the cranking power it should have. So new battery purchased and installed.

However the car still will not start. I and my wife have noticed that there is a clicking noise from within the engine compartment. this clicking noise appears each time the start button is pressed and appears to come from in or around or below the fuse box holder to the leftbof the battery.

Another we have noticed is that there are no ignition warning lights lit up at all like in normal starting. I also note that normally when one presses the start button things like fuel level gauge and coolant temp gauge give appropriate readings. In all no warning lites light up and zilch happens.

Completely stumped.....anyone anywhere got any ideas?
Currently in markieboy's garage:
2004 Ren Scenic 2 1.9Dci with electric panorama roof, reverse sensors, sliding centre console, auto wipers, auto lites, 17" nervastport alloys
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome