Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Scenic 2 - Emergency Key Explained

View Single Post
post #2 of (permalink) Old 8th July 2009
Renault UK
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Emergency Key

Originally Posted by marcus1970 View Post
Hello All,

Having had my key card stop working, whilst fiddling around I notice that a metal key comes out of the bottom.

It doesn't matter how hard I look, I can't find anywhere to put it in the car.

What's it for and what's the point of it?

All info appreciated.

Hi Marcus

The key is for access to the vehicle in the event of battery failure in the keycard.

On the passenger side door handle, there is a small removable cover at the end furthers from the wing mirror. This cover can be removed by inserting the blade of the key in the slot underneath and then twisting gently (instructions in the manual).

With the cover removed, you can use the key to unlock the passenger door. Once inside the car, use the RAID button (the one with the padlock on it) to unlock other doors.

To start the car, insert the card into the slot - cards with flat batteries will still work when inserted into the slot but will not function in hands free mode.

Coupe Cabriolet owners will find an additional key hole on the boot, next to the lights for the rear registration plate.

Hope that helps

Kind regards

Renault UK
Currently in RUK_Response's garage:
Laguna Coupé GT
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to RUK_Response For This Useful Post:
ballybeen (27th October 2014), Cassybabe (1st October 2013), EspacedOut (2nd July 2012)
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome