Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Laguna II Front Elec Windows Not Working+Cables Disconnected!

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 8th July 2009 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Laguna II Front Elec Windows Not Working+Cables Disconnected!

Recently bought a left hand drive Laguna II Phase 2 (Early 2006 Initiale Estate).

Neither front electric window goes up or down.

When you press the window buttons there's no "click" coming from the motor.

Taken the door card off today on the n/s door (driver's side on this left hand drive car!) and discovered the following:

1. All the wires APPEAR to be properly attached.

2. All the metal cables that should be attached to the mechanism are sitting in the bottom of the door (the cables that look like bike brake cables with rubber around them)

3. The only thing holding the window glass up are two empty plastic water bottles that are supporting it!!!

The previous owner told me that the nearside window would go up but would immediately come down (anti-pinch thing not quite right then?).

So to solve it he said he had unclipped the window (presumably means those cables)

But there is no power to EITHER front window.

Anyone any idea what may have been unplugged/removed/be broken to cause both to be out of action?

I've checked the fuses and they look OK. Is there another fuse or a little box of tricks elsewhere in the car for the window power?

If I can find why there's no power to either window and fix that, I will feel happier about then spending time trying to figure out how to put the cables back in place for the mechanism!

At the moment I'm staring down the barrel of a nasty bill!

Any help very, very much appreciated!!!

5 Lastest Threads by Simonf
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
Trafic Dash Removal - Nightmare??? Interiors cockers 1 5033 24th January 2010 02:52 PM
Laguna II Front Elec Windows Not Working+Cables... Electronics edmunger 12 1962 8th July 2009 06:24 PM
Laguna IIb Key Card Problem Electronics faffer 3 1192 3rd July 2009 04:33 PM
Navigation Disk 06 Laguna IIb Electronics faffer 1 956 3rd July 2009 04:30 PM
Laguna Electric Windows Packed up! Electronics madnoel10 1 1020 3rd July 2009 04:27 PM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome