Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Fit new stereo and now half electrics dont work

View Single Post
post #2 of (permalink) Old 8th July 2009
Platinum member
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Send a message via MSN to stef123
Originally Posted by Smithy88 View Post
Hi all,

Ive got a renault clio MTV 2000 and ive just replaced the stereo (not the original).

Ok so I installed it as i did the one before but for some reason now the electrics in the following dont work:

- the light that comes on when you open the door
- the indicaters
- the clock on the dash resets when i turn the key to off
- none of the stations i set stay as presets it just resets

The headlights, hazards main beam, fog lights still work fine just the above only work when the key is in the ignition.

I havent pulled out any wires or anything like that. The battery is pretty much brand new and isnt faulty the only thing i can think of is the 12v constant power cable has broken or something but i havent dont anything to break it?

I am clueless can anyone please give me some advice.

hi and welcome to the forum.

I cant really help for the indicators and lights but as for the cd player reseting every time i may have an easy fix for you.
on the back of the player there should be 2 heavy wires, generally a red one and a yellow one? they should be joined together using bullet crimps, swap these around so that the red is connected to the yellow. these are just constant feed and switched feed so swapping them wont cause any harm.
Currently in stef123's garage:
2006 Ford Mondeo ST TDCI
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome