Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Setting Your Key Plip

View Single Post
post #15 of (permalink) Old 12th July 2009
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Originally Posted by leebo View Post
hello there blue we will sort it mate so u dont have to pay a penny(hopefully) if u lived close i would come and help u out but i will try my best like this instead.

if u look in ither your glove box or in the boot of your car there should be another key slot that your key fits. right if so this will turn your alarm off and on and the imob will or should run of the same system,

beware tho as soon as u turn it back on the alarm should start going off,

then u should be able to re try the programming code again, if it still wont work just turn the alarm back of in the boot or glove box,
there is a fuse box under the bonnet on the right hand side near your water bottle, in the there should be a couple of fuses and 3 relays,thats the only prob with renualts everything boils down to electrics,

let me no if this works as we will sort it one way or an other,
if u want u can give me the first 4 charicters in your vin number and i will have a look on my program, for instance mine is DAOH, which tells me that mine is a megane coupe, i no what you drive but dont no what chariters i would put in my program as it asks for loads of codes, u could ither e-mail it to me on or post them in a reply if u want, its ok if u dont we sort it in time,
i will be on line for the next half hour or so or prob be back on 2mor if i can get away from the girlfriend haha
hi thanks for your reply new to this site but finding it very helpfull you say you have same motor as me hope you can help i am having trouble with starting wont start at all can you tell me if imobailser works fuel pump as the plugs seem to be dry when i take them out after turning it over a few times if so could i disable imobaliser and see if this works with key in boot or glove box can you let me know please were keyhole is in boot i have allso found out about tdc on these cars and got one from scrap yard bt it was of a 1600 will this matter there both look the same (there seems to be no spark } been told there is a fuel relay on one of these motors do you know were it is if i disable imobaliser could i keep it turned of and see if it helps sorry forgot to mention the imobaliser seems to work ok little red lights does what its should do doors lock etc one more thing sorry does the fuel pumps from 1600 1800 fit my motor jst thought i would ask jst in case hope you can help sorry for asking so many things ---thanks ---reg
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome