Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Megane CC door drop and Shocks

View Single Post
post #3 of (permalink) Old 13th July 2009 Thread Starter
Diamond member
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 1
Hi Thanks for advice, there are no cracks around hindges, and hindge pins would give some play in the door, when the door is open you can't actually move it up and down as the car moves with it, if you know what I mean, it doesn't seem to matter if the door is wide open or just slightly, still no play, I 1st thought hindge pins as they are hefty doors but I can't feel any play, my old XR was the same no play, but the lower hindge had loose nuts so all the weight of the door rested on the top hindge, once the lower one was tight, it made closing the door difficult, as in a good slam, yet no play, no crease, no cracks, but I did wonder the time it spent carry the weight on the top hindge on slightly bent the door, I mean it would only take a fraction really amplified by the length of the door, but thanks I will double check again just to be sure, before I jack it...
As for the shocks, footware is paractically the same, I am still in last years shorts being a bloke, the only differance is hire car was obviously newer (07) to my 04 car and the seats where cloth, where as mine are leather, but I faintly remember reading somewhere many years ago static could be caused by bad earth terminals, something about the car circuit not fully working so this causes electrical buildup because of the resistance which earths through you instantly you touch the car, strangly or perhaps not so but I don't get the shock when I have my trainers on (rubber soles) I guess, don't know really just feel a bit daft shutting the door with pink marigolds on!!!
Are you sure that it the right way around, as there is no route to earth on the car, it sits on 4 inch or rubber in each corner, unless I am discharging back the car battery, as you do when holding plug leads, I remember that one well as an apprentice and the mechanic NOT telling you don't touch the bodywork with your body....... I will try and keep an eye on that how much do I move around in the seat in fact I might try an experiment perhaps move around in seat loads on the way home - shock or not?
Currently in christopherM's garage:
Megane CC 1.9Dci 2004 & Megane Coupe 1.4 16v 1999
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome