Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - 2003 Renault Scenic - no stereo display

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 13th July 2009 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
2003 Renault Scenic - no stereo display

would love some help with this issue!

bought my scenic recently and the chap who sold it to me had replaced the original cassette player with a cd player from another (probably newer) scenic. he hadnt had any joy getting it to work but said he may have not fitted it correctly - the player was lighting up, and making a beep when pressing buttons, just no display on the dash. anyways, it turns out he fitted it fine so i got a mechanic mate to check the power to the unit and check for any blown fuses....still all fine.

finally, i cheekily took it to the nearest renault garage and asked if sumone could give me an answer. the mechanic there said it could be my dashboard going wrong, so he took a stereo unit from another scenic - same model, and fitted it to check.....low and behold there was a code input display on the dashboard!!! he said it must be the stereo unit.

....fiiiine ...

so that has now been replaced with another scenic cd player, .... but wait, im still not getting a display from that one on the dashboard....urrrgh! all wires are connected correctly.

if anyone can help i would really appreciate it

5 Lastest Threads by jackcallaway
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
2003 Renault Scenic - no stereo display Electronics jackcallaway 3 1170 13th July 2009 05:00 PM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome