Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Megane CC door drop and Shocks

View Single Post
post #8 of (permalink) Old 14th July 2009 Thread Starter
Diamond member
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 1
Well it seems you are right Noel (as a bloke don't you hate saying that), done a few internet searches and if I understand them correctly it is me earthing to the car, I wonder if it is the carpets then, perhaps a high content of Nylon, the clothes I wear are the same as in my last car (2 months ago) last car had cloth seats this one has leather (full)so no nylon panels etc, same leather shoes, yet I don't get a shock to and from the gym in my trainers, but apparantly if you touch the metal surface of your car before and if possible whilst getting out you equalise the charge so no shock, I wonder if I touch the cill or the side of car as I am getting out but before my foot hits the ground on gym nights therfore rendering the charge null, will have to look at that and try and "teach" myself to hold the body just before I get out to neutralize the charge.
Don't ya hate it when you lose a discussion and are proved wrong, I am taking my ball and going home now!
Still I will get the aero chappy in the pub next time...... aa aHa!
Thanks for discussion Noel, get you on the next one (hopefully)
Chris :loser:
Currently in christopherM's garage:
Megane CC 1.9Dci 2004 & Megane Coupe 1.4 16v 1999
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome