Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Megane CC door drop and Shocks

View Single Post
post #11 of (permalink) Old 14th July 2009 Thread Starter
Diamond member
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 1
Well my aero friend did try to explain the differant qualities of metal and plastic bodywork, but after 6 pints of pear cider it wasn't really going in that well, I do know paint shops have a hell of job to paint plastic bodywork, because of the static it produces when being rubbed down, where as metal panels don't produce the same amount of static and pointed out your Renault has plastic front bumper and front grille, plastic front wings a massive plastic bootlid and a large plastic rear bumper, that is a lot of plastic, your F1 car bodywork is fiber glass so I supose it will produce a lot of static buildup.
The tanker drivers which use to deliver to us before we jacked all the fuel in use to conect up the metal hose to the truck then to the tank in the ground, before going back to the truck to pump the fuel, they use to have a small clamp like a jump lead clamp theyuse to fastern to the tank, but they stopped doing this when I asked why the driver told me H&S had told them they don't need to as the metal hose fasterned to the tanker and the fuel tank will balance the charge before the fuel flows, personally I was not really convinced so use to stand clear!
Currently in christopherM's garage:
Megane CC 1.9Dci 2004 & Megane Coupe 1.4 16v 1999
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome