Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Scenic II (05 reg) - Renault Card problem

View Single Post
post #6 of (permalink) Old 15th July 2009 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Question Solution, but a question

Just to follow up this post and ask a question that the dealership couldn't answer.

Took car and both cards back to dealer. Was told that card that was opening and locking the doors but not starting the car was not, and had never been, paired with my vehicle. Service desk told me it would be a new card and that it may not be covered by the 3 month warranty I was told I had by the salesman that sold me it. Incidentally the salesman that sold me the car left the dealership the day after i took delivery?!?! I was told to speak to the sales manager and to cut a long story short i will be getting a new card free of charge in the next couple of days.....

My question is; how can a card that has never been paired with my car and is not recognised by the card reader in the car possibly open and lock the doors by pressing the appropriate buttons on it, and supposedly operate the immobiliser? Anyone know?

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome