Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Parking Brake Fault Message Finally Cleared

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 17th July 2009 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Parking Brake Fault Message Finally Cleared

I first encountered this warning message back in August 2008 after disconnecting the battery, to charge it up, and enquired on here whether anyone had suffered the same problem.
Well today I took the car for an MOT (it passed) and the gentleman who had done the MOT remarked on the fact that the warning was displayed on the dash, I informed him how it had first appeared, and I'd read on here how members had said that Renault dealers had wanted approx 70 to reset the diagnostic system - he said wait a minute and got his diagnostic tool out, plugged it in, and reset it in less than 30 secs, (there were also some 9 other supposedly faults relating to the parking brake in the memory which he cleared at the same time).
I asked him how much he wanted - he said - NOTHING,
So I obviously gave him a good tip !

The MOT was 40, which was some 10 cheaper than where I used to take my cars. He also services cars and light commercials.

If anyone is interested it was

Heath Service Centre
Woodbastwick Road
Blofield Heath
Norwich Norfolk
NR13 4AB

01603 713201

Last edited by stepdey; 17th July 2009 at 03:23 PM. Reason: forgot to insert smilie
  5 Lastest Threads by stepdey
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
Cheap Genuine Renault Parts ! General Chat 02C16790 1 3900 30th June 2010 10:39 PM
Parking Brake Fault Message Finally Cleared Electronics stepdey 6 3833 17th July 2009 03:20 PM
What Autoleads connect do I need ? Electronics ottoman 1 880 10th November 2008 04:32 PM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome