Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Laguna 2 wont start

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 19th July 2009 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Laguna 2 wont start

Hi not sure if this is the right thread because no idea if my problem is electrical or mechanical. My 52 laguna dci suddenly stopped starting (does that make sense). If I insert the key card it turns on the radio ect but the light on the dash ( I think its the immobiliser) and the one around the reader continue to flash - nothing happens when start button is pressed.
I called out green flag to tow me to Renault for a diagnostics check thinking it was key or reader but after he put car on charger then bump started it ( I think that's what its called he pushed it in reverse while i lifted foot off the clutch) it started . He told me to drive it for twenty minutes with key in to reprogramme. I drove for 30 mins stopped car removed key and then attempted to start again. First time it failed but for some reason i clicked my steering lock off quickly and it stalled then started. After this it has not started again. My question is do i try to get it bump started again, take it to my local garage who could sort battery /starter motor problems etc but have no diagnostics. Or do I get it towed to Renault for expensive diagnostic checks and an hour. If it was the keycard or the reader or immobiliser would it bump start or is it more likely to be a battery problem. Yes you might have guessed I have no idea about cars. Any help would be appreciated
  5 Lastest Threads by avius2002
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
Laguna 2 wont start Electronics avius2002 8 3193 19th July 2009 03:02 PM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome