Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Complete electronic system failure, then recovery, then failure.. then recovery!!! ??

View Single Post
post #5 of (permalink) Old 20th July 2009 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Hi and thanks so much for your responses so far.

The earth idea sounds straight forward enough - although do you mean get another hoop terminal connector to run from the battery and then then, what, drill and bolt a fresh attachment point or just replace the existing one (my existing one bolts to the chasis by the radiator)?

I have just looked at the earth - it seems ok.... I have never looked at it very closely tbh but it hasn't been touched since I bought the car a year ago.

If this happenes again I will definitately pay attention to the earth.

Yes everything dieds including the stereo. About the dying for 15 mins and then recovering thing...... I'm not sure mord. The first time I left it over night before tackling the problem and the second time it recovered, yeah, possibly ten minutes later but that was definitely due to me disconnecting/reconnecting the battery positive (which I suppose could have reset the battery itself, rather than something in the electrics like I had assumed). Would the battery's bi-metalic strip return to normal position very quickly indeed after dis/reconnecting the batt. positive??? Literally a couple of seconds??

My petrol pump takes some time to whurr into readiness when I flick the key onto the second notch. Could it be turning the ingition fully without waiting for this to ready itself is overloading the battery?

Many thanks. Further feedback most welcome!

Last edited by maskedwarrior; 20th July 2009 at 11:01 AM.
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome