Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - I want to buy an Espace, advice/tips/reccomendations appreciated please!

View Single Post
post #3 of (permalink) Old 20th July 2009
Nominated 6 Times in 11 Posts
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 5
Thanked 1,650 Times in 1,307 Posts
Hi there,

Tigs is right, Renault dont do a non turbo diesel engine anymore IIRC. Well I've not seen on for years anyway.

As for things to watch out for. Make sure the car has a documented full service history (preferably serviced by a dealer) and that the services have been done at the correct time or earlier.

The turbo 's on Renaults used to have a nasty habit (and still do somewhat) of going wrong, but most of this is down to the long 18K service interval that Renault used to specify (they have since changed in to 12K). I would suggest that the oil and oil filter be changed at every 9-12k miles.

Also Make sure EVERYTHING electrial works, as Renaults electrics can be quirky and dodgy sometimes.

It would also be wise to consider an aftermarket warranty on the car for say 1 or 2 years, as if something big (like the turbo or air con) goes wrong, its going to set you back a pretty penny to put right.
Currently in dave_mezza2006's garage:
2014 Vauxhall Astra Limited Edition 1.4 16v VVT Turbo
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome