Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Clio III - Interiors - dash noises,creaking/crackling

View Single Post
post #18 of (permalink) Old 21st July 2009
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Originally Posted by chadsteruk View Post
Hi All

I have a 56 plate clio 3 that i bought from new in January,i've only covered 3800 miles and i'm getting 2 noises coming from the dash area,the first happens when going over slightly rougher ground or when there's a change in the roads surface and its coming from the front of the dash between the section where the clock is and the windscreen and runs along about 2 feet,probably the section inbetween the 2 clips that the dash slots into. This is a sort of crackling noise,the type of noise as if you were gently squeezing an empty plastic bottle.

The second noise happens everytime i turn the steering wheel,either turning a corner or even if i'm just bearing left or right,the whole drivers side of the dashboard creaks,and not just a slight creak but a major creak that can be heard over the radio.

I've taken it in a few times but the dealer,who has been very helpful,is puzzled as to what is causeing it. I even went down when he took the dash off to look behind it and everthing seemed secure,nothing was loose.

These noises are driving me crazy,and shouldn't be happeing on a brand new car imo.

Does anyone else have this problem because according to my dealer i am the only one as they did a search on renault technical support and there is nothing saying that anyone else has reported this problem.

I'd like to hear from anyone that has this problem so i can show my dealer on monday when i see the service manager.
May be similar to my wifes Clio 3. She took delivery of a new 09 plate Clio 3 which is fitted with He Man controls. The car developed a squeek and grind noise when the clutch was depressed which appeared to be coming from the same area as you have mentioned. A visit to a local Renault dealer ended in the mechanic saying that the He man controls were causing the problem, with them checked and re installed all still the same. A revisit saw the mechanic cover the clutch return spring in silicone grease saying it was still the he man controls and he was wrong. In a relatively uncomfortable procedure lying in the footwell of the car depressing the clutch with one hand and feeling the noise past the springs and up the pressed tin construction of the clutch pedal and its mounting, the creaking and grinding led me to the joint at the top of the pedal on the pivot which was dryer than the wifes wine. A quick squirt of WD40 from a long tube put paid to the noise. Hope this helps, and by the way a few of her colleagues had the same problem which was eradicated by this action, the only problem is getting into the footwell and finding the pivot by hand as you can't see it

Have a go

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome