Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Scenic 2 - Dashboard Problems

View Single Post
post #11 of (permalink) Old 21st July 2009 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Donald View Post
Hi sorry to here about your problem but with a quick search through the forum it seems you might have a dry joint problem on the dashboard instrument cluster pcb board which can be repaired but it seems Renault would just rather replace them

Have a read through this link below and you will come accross problems that are the same as yours and some that are not and there is also phone Numbers that might help you get it repaired a little cheaper than Renault,

Iam sorry i can't help you with a garage in your Area or Aberdeen as iam in Dunfermline but i hope you get it sorted out soon,

Renault - Scenic II - Digital Display Flickering*Fixed*

Cheers all the best Donald

Sorry that I have not been back in to follow up on this...

I now have my dash working fine, turns out it was not just a case of a touch of solder but parts change as well. I had all the work carried out by

and they were brilliant to deal with and all their work comes with a Guarantee so you cant get better than that

We decided to drive down to great Yarmouth where they are and get them to the whole lot and have a break for the weekend at the same time, they take it out fix it and put it back in and they only charge - I think it was £20 or so. and after seeing how easy it was to remove you wonder how the Renault Garages get away with what they charge !!

overall it was £195-50 including VAT. I would recommend this company to anyone. If you want you can post it down and they will post it back for you and they even have some loan clusters as well have a look at their site.

If anyone wants any more info from me then drop me a line at

cheers for all the help to everyone here

Currently in ScotsSnapper's garage:
Megan Scenic 1.5dci
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome