Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Scenic Cat and Dephaser problem

View Single Post
post #3 of (permalink) Old 21st July 2009
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
1.6vvt noisy start up

Hi, my grand scenic has just been fixed of this dephaser pulley problem. It was very noisy on start up and the engine struggled. Anyway the local renault servicing centre in Chippenham diagnosed it and contacted renault cust serv on my behalf and they offered 20% off straight away ( 688 was full price for the job including new timing kit).
The centre couldn't unfortunately do the job for 2 weeks due to staff issues but my car was returned to me gleaming from a full valet and I used it sparingly until I was taking it back.
In the meantime I contacted Ren cust services myself and I have to say Ren Cust Serv were very helpful and polite. They paid for 50% of the bill and my car is now back and running fine.
My scenic is a 54 plate with 39000 miles on it, it seems the 3- 4 year point is when this design issue fails.
I was very impressed by the garage and renault customer services , who were both doing their best to help me out. Well done renault.
Currently in johnboy1138's garage:
2004 Grand Scenic 1.6 VVT Dynamique, 2008 Fiat grande Punto 1.2
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome