Independent Renault Forums banner

Kangoo gear linkage refitting and set up

14K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  madrallysport 
#1 ·
Guys just replaced the engine in my kangoo van after a timing belt faliure (bought the van like this) removed the gearbox and old engine out the top of the van, assemled engine and box together on the floor then refitted, i've all done except the gear linkage, how to i line it up as i've never really worked much on renaults before, the engine and box are from a 2000 kangoo, 1.9d.

Any help and advice would be great.

#2 ·
Ideally the rod from the gearbox should have been marked before you took it off,or the better thing to do is to remove the rubber cover from the gearbox end of the selector rod and undo that bolt as this means that the adjustment isn't altered.(Hindsight is a wonderful thing I know.:eek:)

The easiest way to line the linkage up is to get someone to hold the gearstick in the centre of the neutral position,and then make sure the gearbox is also in neautral and line the end of the bar up to the line that should have been left on the gearbox end rod where it was previously positioned.Do the bolt up in the clamp on the linkage and try all the gears.You may need to further adjust the rod,but it will give you a good starting point.:)

#3 ·
Cheers , i never thought about making til after :eek:, i've only ever worked on vauxhalls before and you dont make them, as you pin the lever inside the car and then pin the box, tighten the bolt job done, i was just wondering if this was the case with the kangoo, but now i have a good starting point, thanks for your help and the super fast reply.

Davy

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.