Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Lots of little electrical annoyances.

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 24th July 2009 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Lots of little electrical annoyances.

ok, first is a stupid question...
what are the differencials between the wiper settings? i think i have 'smart' wipers, whereby they adjust themselves to how heavy rain is falling. however, when set on 'intermittent' so i can change the part of the stalk which has the rain drops on, the wipers seem to do what they please. one second, they will have about a 3 second gap between them, next they are on full pelt, then they are back to two second intervals.... is it to do with what speed you are doing?

next, i have reverse sensors, but they don't work. they aren't renault fitted, but i wouldn't even know where to start looking for the problem. they apparently just stopped working 3 years ago, and they are imbedded into the rear bumper. any ideas?

i also have an LCD screen fitted to the inside of the car, on the 'ceiling'... i've plugged all the wires into the dvd player in the car but i just keep getting 'no signal'... it could be that the dvd player is knackered, as it has some nice rust on the bottom of it, but it still turns on ok. i don't particularly want to start taking the headboard to pieces so are there any other things i could check? again, not factory fitted.

ERGH my car has issues!

Currently in pumpkin7's garage:
Renault Megane II 1.6 16v Dynamique 2003, Pearlescent Black
  5 Lastest Threads by pumpkin7
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
Lots of little electrical annoyances. Electronics chris m 1 911 24th July 2009 09:29 PM
Variable Valve Cam Engines pumpkin7 1 708 24th July 2009 09:25 PM
Yo =D Welcome to RenaultForums James07 6 1757 17th July 2009 10:56 PM
Megane mk2 My mottah! James07 2 5903 17th July 2009 10:45 PM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome