Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Steering Wheel replacement

View Single Post
post #2 of (permalink) Old 25th July 2009
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Originally Posted by colin rudge View Post
I have a clio 2 Diesel SEpt 04 HDI 1.5>> I want to change the steering wheel. I have removed the cover with airbag complete and now need to disconnect the air bag . Can someone please let me know how to disconnect the airbag so that I can change the steering wheel or are the connectors for 'once only' use?

Many thanks

Presumably this can't be to different from the Scenic / Meganne set up - ( I think you've already completed item 1 )

1. Using a thin screwdriver in the hole provided at the back of the wheel, push and prise down the end of spring clip used to retain the airbag - as this is done gently pull on the steering wheel centre pad to release it.

2. The airbag is released first by pulling it carefully upwards. Pull the airbag out from the wheel to access the wiring plug ( on the scenic there are two plugs ) you then have to unclip the plugs by prising out the yellow locking clip with a small screwdriver

Hope this helps, as i have been researching the same task on my 04 Scenic, ready for when I can find a suitably priced one in good condition.
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome