Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - have renault lost my clio

View Single Post
post #6 of (permalink) Old 27th July 2009
S.M.A.R.T.(y) Pants
Nominated 11 Times in 37 Posts
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 17
Thanked 2,467 Times in 1,851 Posts
When I worked for Ford, supply interruptions occured from time to time.

Sometimes it was delays in production, sometimes logistics, sometimes a transporter/ferry was involved in an accident, and all the vehicles were written off.

No-one is benefiting from you not getting your car, and being able to drive around in it, winning business for the dealer & the manufacturer. If there is a delay, then that's unfortunate, but it will be getting dealt with.

The dealer should be contacting you, and updating you with your car's progress - rather than you being left in the dark - but that's whats referred to as the 'soft-skills' in customer handling (the bit some garages miss out)...

One fact you should be relaxed about, is that at least you have an 'agreed value' for your trade-in. It wasn't uncommon for customers experiencing lengthy delays to be told that their current car's value had diminished due to the time/mileage which had incurred due to their use whilst waiting on their new car...

As you can imagine, that was a hot potato which no-one wished to handle!

This job should never be complete - the day I think I've done it all, is the day I resign.

S.M.A.R.T. Technician
Currently in VelSatisfied's garage:
2005 FIAT Ducato 2.8JTD LWB Gran Volume, 2000 Kawasaki ZZR 1100 D7 'fullpower' in black + full GIVI & KAPPA luggage, 2007 MB R-Class 320 CDi Sport LWB uprated by Brabus to 300Bhp don't know if there's a 155mph limiter - will be fun finding out! 2004 Mercedes Vaneo 1.7 CDi Ambiente 7-seater
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome