Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Megane II rear bumper trim removal

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 28th July 2009 Thread Starter
Diamond member
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 1
Megane II rear bumper trim removal

Does anyone know how the grey coloured bumper trims on the Megane IIs are held in place, managed to get a finger or two under one side but it seems tight now, don't really want to pull like a lunatic incase I bust em!
Are they just plastic cliped into place or are they screwed somewhere.
I want to fit parking sensors to my CC, the fitting guide tells me they can be fitted with out removing the bumper, guide says once pilot hole has been drilled remove bumper trim and use the "bit" to drill the fitting hole, it also waffles on about I will be able to see the gromet to feed the sensor cables into the boot through the holes where the bumper trims where!
All Fine and well, simple, No problem, apart from HOW DO YOU GET THE FLIPPIN TRIM OFF, this small section of information has not been included.....brute force and ignorance usually does the trick but I generally find after taking this route nothing fits properly after in fact has a tendacy to fall off on a regular basis.
So just thought I would ask, see if anyone can point me down the correct route.
Currently in christopherM's garage:
Megane CC 1.9Dci 2004 & Megane Coupe 1.4 16v 1999
  5 Lastest Threads by christopherM
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
EZ-Shim for rear toe adjustment Wheels & tyres christopherM 6 3599 20th June 2011 03:31 PM
Megane 1 Headlamp question Electronics christopherM 2 1671 5th January 2011 02:04 PM
Megane 1 Front wheel bearing. Wheels & tyres bigiainw 4 6127 10th August 2010 02:05 PM
Megane Rear Brake Discs - how too Megane devbias 15 47576 9th August 2010 09:39 AM
Megane CC Radio Headup display problem. Electronics christopherM 1 2955 5th July 2010 11:36 AM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome