Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - My Scenic II nightmare

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 28th July 2009 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
My Scenic II nightmare

Hi I'm new to the forum.

I've previously owned 2 Clios and they have been perfect but we have had our Scenic (04 plate, 1.6 16v Priv) for 2 years and it has been nothing but problems.

My questions are really to validate what Renault have told us and make sure we are not being ripped off.

1. Window regulators. A while back my wife arrived back at the car to find the drivers side front window open. We had had a few problems with it not working sometimes before. I managed to close the window by following a process I found on here by removing fuses and restarting the car etc. Since then 2 other windows have totally stopped working. Renault have told us its the wondow regulators and that it'll be 180 +labour per window.
(I have read on here about a weak plastic clip, could this be the issue?)
It seems odd to me that 3 windows all fail in a matter of weeks, could it be something else that is causing this?

2. Starting the car, Our car will no longer start by pressing the clutch and also on a cold start it sometimes stalls the first time. Renault has said a cable needs replacing and its 50 but they have to take the cam belt off and they don't put old ones back on so it'll cost 650 (Sounds like highway robbery to me)

3. Aircon - Seems to be doing odd things. The only way we can get it to work is turn the aircon on and the fan on position 1, leave it for a while, turn the fan to position 2 and get a quick blast of cold air, then it heats up and repeat form the beginning (As you can imagine this is extreamly annoying and when 3 of your windows don't work its very hot in the car on sunny days)

These are just a few of the problems, we really have got a bad one here but I'm willing to fix these issues myself if I can determine exactly whats needed.

So any help regrading the "actual" problems, any fixes?

Many Thanks

Very disgruntled Scenic driver!
  5 Lastest Threads by Sheffy
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
Scenic II - Aircon only works without blowers Heating & cooling Sheffy 2 1046 26th April 2010 01:30 PM
My Scenic II nightmare Electronics Sheffy 4 891 28th July 2009 01:13 PM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome