Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Megane II rear bumper trim removal

View Single Post
post #3 of (permalink) Old 28th July 2009 Thread Starter
Diamond member
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 1
Superb, thanks for that bit of info, I wasn't sure about the lugs, I thought they might be, as the passenger side bottom had poped out when I bought the car, and a good clout heard it pop into place but did not want to start forcing things off till I find out for sure, I might actually paint them whilst they are off, they are quite marked around the corners, the lady I bought it off was a small woman, I find it quite hard to reverse park this CC as rear vision is terible worse than the wifes coupe and I stand at 6' 1", so I think she must have had real problems with this car, both rear corners of the bumper have scuffs.
I keep hitting the wheelie bin myself, because of the way my drive is the bin disapears from site below the bootlid, but there is still another 6 foot or so to go., 59.99 for a 2 sensor set, very good sets as well, used them a few times.
Worst set, was a foil strip, which fixed behind the bumper cover, sold on the fact you don't drill anything, they are invisable, a word that rymes with wrap springs to mind they either went off constantly in reverse or not at all, waste of money, so bought the wife another set the same as my Fiat set from above website ( My fiat Had them on 5 years, 88 thousand mls, expressway driving (salty in winter) yet they worked precisely every time), no problem since, so I can recomend thier product, and if you consider the price a manufacture will charge you, I think Renualt is around 245 fitted mine where 59.99 for two or 79.99 for 4 sensors, the wiring is simple.
As I said; save you a fortune and good kit as well.
Currently in christopherM's garage:
Megane CC 1.9Dci 2004 & Megane Coupe 1.4 16v 1999
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome