Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - 1998 Megan Scenic SILLS

View Single Post
post #6 of (permalink) Old 28th July 2009
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
1998 Scenic Sills

My 1998 Scenic had an MOT today. It failed on O/S front to rear brakepipe corroded and O/S Outer Sill had corroded towards the rear wheel. The brakepipe is no problem. However trying to get a sill was like looking for gold in a bed of pearls!! I tried numerous places including body panel shops. Although I thought the qouted price of around 41 inc vat was good, no-one had any and could not get one currently. So with dismay I contacted the local Renault Dealership. Yes they could get one, great or so I thought until I asked how much. Over 200 inc vat!!!!! So to anyone looking for the same, beware of the main agents. How they can justify the price of nearly 5x more than a car body spares supplier I don't know. I was very surprised that the sills are so hard to get with such a popular Renault. I have emailed Eurocarparts in the slight hope they may be able to supply me with a sill. Other than that, I am going to put a repair patch on until I am able to get a full sill. If anyone has links to somewhere I can get one within the next 10 days or so, I would be very grateful.
Currently in SteveAnn52's garage:
1998 Renault Scenic 1.6RT
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome